Friday, July 16, 2010

Health Wealth and Prosperity - Resveratrol and Salu International

You have probably heard that a molecule found in grapes and red wine called Resveratrol can promote health and longevity. In your research you may have come across grape seed extract and the term "trans-resveratrol." What is the different? Check out my blog on resveratrol.

"Enthusiast users of dietary supplements—people who use more than one—have a new favorite, according to the results of a recent survey by ConsumerLab.com, an independent lab that tests supplements. This year, fish oil/omega-3 supplements surpassed vitamins... the most wanted include probiotics and amino acids. U.S. News has written about many of those supplements before...and new on the list is Resveratrol found in grapes (and thus red wine). And while it's gotten a great deal of attention for its theoretical ability, when concentrated, to give you some of the benefits of caloric restriction (which in animals has been shown to extend life) and exercise without actually having to put down your fork and hit the gym, by no means is that a sure thing. Research has been published showing that the compound improves the health and longevity of obese lab mice. But, as the Center for Science in the Public Interest's Nutrition Action Healthletter pointed out last year, the scientists behind that study published another in 2008 showing that normal-weight mice saw their health improve with resveratrol supplementation but saw no increase in life span.." writes Dr. Simms.
I agree with Dr. Simms, on Resveratrol. I started my own research last year after all the hooplah on the internet and TV. I tried 5 different brands and found one on the internet with 500mg of Trans-resveratrol (a good thing) at a price of $89.00 plus shipping and handling. I took 2 every day for a month. The other brands came in 100mg some Trans-resveratrol some not. I have to admit I see the benefits in taking this supplement. It may or may not prolong my life, but it did increase my energy, endurance, some weight loss, not to mention my skin and hair. I look younger! A friend saw me last week after one year and she raved about my skin and how young I looked. She made my day. Resveratrol seems to make my systems work more efficiently. Make sure you get at least 500mg of trans-resveratrol a day, if you want to experience any results.
I have my own health regime and supplements, but Resveratrol is potentially the most revolutionary discovery I made! I wrote a blog about Resveratrol and my choice over all of the brands that I have tried is the organic blend found in Salu International. Not all Resveratrol is the same in quality, potency.Try it. You will be glad you did. Wishing you Health, Wealth, Prosperity and Forever Young:-)

Here is my blog; http://resveratrolsalu.blogspot.com
Thanks for your insight and contribution:
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/managing-your-healthcare/heart/articles/2010/02/12/resveratrol-and-coq10-supplements-are-popularbut-unproven.html

Love,
Saquina Akanni
The Prosperity Doctor