Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday at Peninsula Community Church

Ken wanted so badly to be home by Easter and go to his own church. I promised Ken that if he was not home on Easter, I would go to his church in his honor. By the grace of God, Bruce McGregor appeared in court to support Ken and sat beside me. He asked if I attended church. I told him, "No - not really". He asked why, "I am not up on the fire and brimstone." was my reply. He said, "Then come see Makinto sing".

I attended the 10:30 AM service at Peninsula Community Church and it is just that - a community. It is beautiful and I received a warm welcome from the parking lot to the entry where someone rushed over to hand me a service pamphlet and opened the door. I walked to the front sat in the center aisle, second row in the aisle seat. My intention was to stay for a short visit as my son, daughter-in-law and grandson where coming to mom's for  a brunch at 11:30 AM.

Mr. Makinto was not there, didn't matter, the music and choir was beautiful, the soloist sincere and heartwarming. A young woman told her story of her path to Christ and PCC. Ken's church is what they claim to be, a community of followers of Jesus Christ committed to Jesus as Lord,  to be known by love and community,  a voice of hope and rooted in faith.  Peninsula Community Church is a diverse community that reflects their love, harmony and grace of God. The sermon declared their principles and practice, which is to welcome all people from all walks of life to discover Christ regardless of where they are in their spiritual journey. I followed along and took notes on their Sermon card and after add my own box and letter. I added the letter E to the form to declare additional choices. If one asks me what am I, I reply, "What are you"?

I am you just having a different life experience.




Be and let be. Live and let live. Love and be loved. 



I would recommend Peninsula Community Church to anyone seeking spirituality along Christ's path to God:-) .

Happy Easter. Peace be unto you.

Love
Saquina Akanni

The Prosperity Doctor